Power tools are common in many workplaces, with particular industries using them daily or weekly. This means that there are additional safety considerations that come into play that are specific to handling those tools.
This article will cover some key tips that can help you address safety and risk mitigation in relation to power tools and electrical incidents.
Basic Safety Tips
- Never carry a tool by the cord.
- Never yank a cord to disconnect it from the receptacle.
- Avoid using tools in wet conditions and placing them on wet surfaces.
- Use appropriate Personal Protective Equipment such as gloves and safety footwear when using electric tools.
- Do not use electric tools in damp or wet locations unless they are approved for that purpose.
- Keep work areas well-lit when operating electric tools.