OSHA Heat Illness Prevention for Workers for General Industry Online Course Description: This OSHA Heat Illness Prevention course for Workers is intended for workers in all industries, including Construction, Manufacturing, Agricultural, Transportation and General Industry who have the potential for exposure to heat illness in their workplace. This course will familiarize the student with the basics of heat illness, its symptoms, and ways it can be prevented.
Intended Audience: This OSHA Heat Illness Prevention training course is intended for all workers who are potentially exposed to heat illness and stress during their job.
- Construction Workers
- General Industry Workers
- Manufacturing Workers
- DOT/Transportation Workers
- Agricultural Workers
While there are no specific federal standards for heat illness prevention, the OSHA General Duty Clause (OSH Act of 1975 Sec. 5. Duties) mandates each employer should provide a place of employment free of recognized hazards that could result in harm or death including those caused by heat illness.
Learning Aids: Upon completion of this course the participant will be able to:
- Define Heat Illness
- Recognize the Causes of Heat Illness
- Recognize the Symptoms of Heat Illness
- Identify Ways to Prevent Heat Illness
- Recognize High Heat Procedures, including How to Respond to a Heat Illness
- Heat Illness Background and Case Studies
- Heat Illness Symptoms
- Water, Rest and Shade
Features and Benefits: OSHA Heat Illness Prevention for Workers for General Industry course instructs workers in general industries about the signs of heat illness and how to prevent heat-related injuries.
- Provides workers with important safety tips for recognizing and preventing heat illness, as mandated by the OSHA Act of 1975 Sec.5. Duties, also referred to as the General Duty clause
Upon successful completion of the course, each student will get a Certificate of Completion that will show the 0.1 Continuing Education Unit (CEU) and 1 Contact Hour received for this course.
Course Length: 35 Minutes
Registration: To enroll in this course please follow our Course Registration link below, and provide the information requested.