We have selected and partnered with online training course vendors to provide clients with a convenient resource for internet-based training in general industry and construction.
Employer Competent Person Requirements for Construction Online Course Description: To stay compliant with OSHA requirements and maintain a safe workplace, construction businesses often designate a Competent Person (CP) on their job sites. Per OSHA Standard 29 CFR 1926.32(f), a CP can identify existing and predictable workplace conditions that create a hazardous, unsanitary, and/or dangerous site for workers. The CP is also able to resolve these hazards to create a safer environment. When your business needs to identify employees for CP status, the Employer Competent Person Requirements for Construction Course clarifies the process from start to finish.
Intended Audience: This advanced online course is appropriate for construction industry employees tasked with assigning a Competent Person and evaluating team members for CP status. Designed for individuals who are responsible for maintaining workplace safety, sanitation, and health, the course is available to:
- Construction supervisors
- Construction managers
- Construction company owners
Learning Aids: During the Employer Competent Person Requirements for Construction Course, participants will cover important topics related to achieving Competent Person status, including:
- What defines a Competent Person
- Competent Person status requirements
- How to name a Competent Person
- Competent Person responsibilities
- Competent Person standards for California (Cal/OSHA) and other states
- Competent Person standards for other government agencies, including the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
- State and federal Competent Person regulations
- How to implement the Competent Person process
- Evaluating employees for Competent Person status
- When construction regulations demand a Competent Person
At the end of the course, employers will have the knowledge needed to implement the Competent Person process to ensure adherence to all OSHA standards and compliance directives (CPLs).
Features and Benefits: Upon completion of the Employer Competent Person Requirements for Construction Course, you will understand what is required to name a Competent Person within your construction company to create a safer work environment and ensure compliance with all state and federal regulations. Additionally, students learn how to properly implement the CP process to identify and evaluate candidates and where to seek additional information.
Course Length: 45 Minutes
Registration: To enroll in this course please follow our Course Registration link below, and provide the information requested.