Hand and Power Tools for Construction Online Course Description: Hand and Power Tools for Construction is an intermediate online safety course on how to handle power tools of all types in a safe manner on the job site. You will be informed of OSHA’s hand and power tools regulations for avoiding accidents and preventing injuries. In addition, you will be provided with types of mechanical hazards, types of tools and precautionary measures to ensure your understanding of tool safety.
Intended Audience: This online safety course is designed for construction workers who work with and around hand and power tools.
- Construction Workers
Learning Aids: This Hand and Power Tool safety course will teach you about the hazards of using hand and portable power tools on the job site. We will teach you hazard control options according to OSHA regulations. You will be presented with the basics of hand and power tool safety procedures and safeguards you should know about on the job site. In addition, you will be informed of the selection, proper use, maintenance, inspection and care of hand and power tools.
- Overview of Hand and Power Tools
- Introduction to Hand and Power Tools
- Types of mechanical Hazards
- Precautionary measures
- Types of Tools
- Case Study – Power Tool Electrocution
- Types of Tools
- Case Study – Portable Grinder Accident
- Pneumatic Tools
- Liquid Fuel/Power-Actuated Tools
- Case Study – Power Tool Fatality
- Hydraulics and Mixers in a MSDS
Features and Benefits: By taking Hand and Power Tools online safety course, we will teach you how to use hand and power tools safely. When you have successfully completed this course, you will:
- Know the hidden dangers and hazards of using hand and power tools on the construction work site
- Understand the importance of hand and power tool safety procedures to protect yourself from injuries
- Know how to select and use the right hand and power tools for a particular job
Course Length: 60 Minutes
Registration: To enroll in this course please follow our Course Registration link below, and provide the information requested.